USA Hundreds Arrested for Pipeline Protests

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ismey, Mar 27, 2014.

1. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    What do you think?

[youtube]LKlgmTkAs8c[/youtube]

[youtube]SpFnDL2sJoE[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  2. He's a Mentalist 1

He's a Mentalist 1 Patriot

Ratings:
    +16 / -8
    Lol.

Dumbass college students. Who cares? It's going to get made and nothing they do can change that.

EDIT:

I just want to get one thing clear before people begin hating what I said. It's not that I am saying, "well we cannot do anything anyway, so what's the point?" What I am saying is that the landscape has changed and how we fight cannot be done with protests and marching. That is an out-dated mode of fighting imo, and the new way is through the net. Information moves faster and political careers can be ruined.

There are a lot more players in the game now, and businesses that are conducting this are easily hiding away from these mobs of foolish children. It isn't the president rather the lobbyists and corporations pushing for this to happen. So while these children attack the president because they still believe the president can do anything, they are allowing for the larger threat to sit comfortably.

Attack his supports and he'll crumble. That is the golden rule of any conflict. You don't just rush into it. These children have missed the point and are jumping on some band-wagon because of their ardent, foolish liberalism.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  3. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +265 / -2
    what I think is they're a bunch of idiots. that is all

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  4. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Internet protests alone won't work, information alone won't do anything we need physical action. At least its a start; apathy gets you nowhere.

Look at the Arab spring, occupy wall street, mass activism around the world. We need to be the change in the world that we want to be.

I trust you guys, you need to trust yourselves and put it into action.

5. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    So both of you are anti pipeline..ohh well. I guess you folks ought to stop enjoying the benefits of industrial society altogether. If not you're pathetic scum.

6. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    I'm for the future my man just not the kind which ends in our species death. Im not a capitalist but their are forms of capitalism that don't end with planetary destruction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IsJvVQQuns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vwJ-12xOfU

This free market ideology must end, the idea that the market is led or should be led by as if by a 'invisible hand' borders on a form of religion.

Shit economics in my opinion, what is needed is sound economics.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  7. TimidObserver

TimidObserver ZeroCool

Ratings:
    +266 / -0
    Fuck that pipe line. Why go to jail over something that is inevitable.

8. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Well I had a time when I had to stand up to this MP (uk member of Parliament) due to the fact he and his fellow Scottish labour MP's did not vote to end the bedroom tax.

I had made a valid argument which was sound and he shat his pants and ran off. That MP Anas Sarwar ran like a little bitch because he knows that he can not do anything without the support or silence of the people.

Apathy is how a politician can do anything he wants. So don't be timid do something to the best of your own capacity even if its to observe events and report them. Look at what one man (Snowden) did to the government, they went nuts because they know they can't do anything if you don't remain silent or passive.

9. TimidObserver

TimidObserver ZeroCool

Ratings:
    +266 / -0
    Yes because Snowden worked within the system. What he did was effective because he went inside the system and obtained legitimate data to prove his case. Standing outside of some place screaming, yelling, and causing an illegal disturbance like an idiot until the cops come and arrest you doesn't begin to compare to what Snowden did.

10. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    You know what really should end? The meaningless existence of insects who have no idea what they want to end and in favor of what. I'm obviously talking about insects, not people.

11. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    @timidobserver. In the system? The moment you defy the structure of any system, you are outside of it. Perhaps you deem yourself pragmatic? Is planetary destruction and the end of our species pragmatic? I ask of you nothing, the only people you will need to respond to is your children and their children.

And to respond to greg770 what is point is their in power if you cant maintain it , let alone pass it on to your children?

12. TimidObserver

TimidObserver ZeroCool

Ratings:
    +266 / -0
    The difference is that Snowden's acts just might have some impact. The people that are going to jail like idiots protesting will have no impact.

Potential planetary destruction does not make pointless gestures anymore valid. Aimless protesting isn't going accomplish anything. If this does lead to planetary destruction, telling your kids that you protested and went to jail like an idiot isn't going to make them feel any better.

13. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    A few people won't change the outcome yes that is true, on a mass scale level however that is when the momentum changes. Why do you think the US government dislikes the leaks? Its because it will piss off a lot of people! Once people start doing it in their thousand then tens of thousands,those in charge will begin to notice and they will begin to feel threatened when its hundred of thousands of people.

They are scared of the bewildered herd waking up and then taking action.

14. TimidObserver

TimidObserver ZeroCool

Ratings:
    +266 / -0
    Protester vs Leaker is like Annoyance vs Legitimate Threat. The people that protested this pipeline and went to jail are just a minor annoyance.

15. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Building that pipe doesn't add anything to the supposed planetary destruction. You're so fucking messed up in your retarded leftist mind that I can not help myself but to tell what a blunder you are. I'm not even going to ask you to look at current fossil fuel industry and pipeline map and then define and show me some of that "planetary destruction". Sophomoric low life trendy scum, that's what you and people like you are.

16. He's a Mentalist 1

Ratings:
    +16 / -8
  17. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    [youtube]SWDWYgc496M[/youtube]

Scientific American is quite biased towards the fossil industries.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  18. He's a Mentalist 1

Ratings:
    +16 / -8
    Well the fossil fuel industries are more effective, and garner less energy than say, green industries.

Scientific American is more science focused than focused towards political, religious-like fanaticism.

19. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    When your dependent on advertising revenue, you won't want to upset your too much providers now would you? Same standard rule applies to all media that depend on advertising revenue, the guardian, the daily mail, new scientist ( i love reading it), spectator all require money from advertising so they can continue to print.

What can I say I'm a selfish bastard, I want to pass on my genes to the next generation and onward, you apparently do not.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014