Occupy movement returning?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ismey, Oct 3, 2014.

1. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    I have better things to do than to watch a 2 hour long video that features some anarchist.

Besides, commerce was flourishing in both ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, export (as far as ancient Japan believe it or not) and import were of utmost importance. And to a somewhat lesser degree in Persian empire and ancient Egypt. All of them were pagan btw.

Moreover, many famous Greek philosophers had written and discussed economic matters way before the birth of your retarded religion, which is nothing but a more self assertive twist on Judaism and Christianity.

Xenophon and Ancient Indian philosophers were the first ones to delve in these matters, not Islamic scholars, who btw borrowed a lot of material from Greeks.

I'd also like to point out that free market, as a concept was formed by economists of 19th century. And the field of Economics as an apart science was formed in Europe in 19th century. Which is why speaking about "Free Market" prior to at least mid 18th century is just fucking idiotic.

But yeah, I bet you'll keep on fanboying over Ibn Khuldun or some other Muslim scholar, which is totally fine by me.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Your still operating under the assumption that I take theology seriously lol, yeah adam and eve just popped into exsistence lol.

3. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    It doesn't matter, for example, I spoke with a lot of atheists who made the same moral evaluations, were above all moralists, shared the same view of human virtues and vices as Christians and even had a similar goal for all human kind as many Christians do. With a few atheistic caveats here and there, but they all wanted to see human kind as "everyone as everyone else's nurse."

So you see, there are plenty of Christians without Christ, those who follow morality for morality's sake, a religion in of itself, similarly there are plenty of culturally Islamic Muslims without Mohammed.

But that might prove to be tad bit too complex for you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  4. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Wait are you implying Im a moralist? Yes I have strong moral and ethical views, it does not follow that I enforce my view upon others in an authoritarian manner. I merely express my views nothing more nothing less.

Yes I do believe in some form of mutual aid, which is not in anyway like "everyone as everyone else's nurse."

Trust me, my ideas are continually evolving and subject to criticism, in fact if it wasn't for you I would still be held back by religious dogma.

Their are new markets emerging you should take advantage and be ahead of the curve like any good business person/ entrepeneur.
    https://hbr.org/2011/01/the-big-idea-creating-shared-value
    https://hbr.org/2013/09/innovating-for-shared-value

5. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    So not only are you a moralist but you're also too much of a pussy to even admit you'd force your views upon others if you could. You're a terrible mix of Comte and Kierkegaard with some Quran seasoning, ahaha.

6. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Wait that would make me some sort of islamic Craig Ferguson? lol

7. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Never heard of him. No, it means you're a fairly mediocre person which limited itself by a certain code of values, and you did it by default, you couldn't have chosen any differently.

But observe how ridiculous it is, you have "strong moral and ethical views", moral values are by default the supreme and universal values or at least pertain to be so (but they are not, all they are are signs of decadence and weakness), and then among those values you've got a value not to enforce your supreme values upon others. HAHA.

That's some fine self-emaciation!

Would you agree that murder must be punished and prevented when possible in an authoritarian manner (and then ask yourself why) Or that top 1% should pay higher taxes and spread their wealth around for the common good?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  8. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    My strong moral and ethical values, are subject to question through logic and reasoning.

Kant can say it better than me.

"Nothing in the world—indeed nothing even beyond the world—can possibly be conceived which could be called good without qualification except a good will."

Although I would question "good will" part.

Your Probably more christian than most people in BE. Since you are Nietzche (so am I a little) fan. I will show you why.

"The discipline of suffering, of great suffering — do you not know that only this discipline has created all enhancements of man so far? That tension of the soul in unhappiness which cultivates its strength, its shudders face to face with great ruin, its inventiveness and courage in enduring, persevering, interpreting, and exploiting suffering, and whatever has been granted to it of profundity, secret, mask, spirit, cunning, greatness — was it not granted to it through suffering, through the discipline of great suffering?"

Christian culture is obsessed with suffering, even to go far as advocate it as a moral value.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  9. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Then you ought to recognize that both logic and reason are your cognitive tools which are meant for appropriating and managing the world in your mind. Besides, both of them are tools which are used by the conscious sphere of your brain, and that sphere is by far the lesser one. Your unconscious brain activity is far bigger and far more important, moreover your logic and reasoning is limited and tied to your own identity. The world you experience is not the world itself (as it truly is) but the signals from your nervous system being decoded in your brain, what your brain decodes is not how the things truly are but what your nervous system deemed necessary to send your brain.. The same applies for your eye sight, when you see a shattering window you don't see or experience the window itself but the filtrated signals that arrive to your brain. And do you know why your body didn't evolve to see or sense more things? That's right, cuz you don't need to see more of the world, you do just fine seeing everything at our current human level.

It's funny how you put reason and logic on your moral pedestal and then quoted Kant who wrote a book called Critique of Pure reason. Ever heard of his Categorical Imperatives or Nouminal and Phenomenal? He argued that we basically live in the world of appearances and WE CAN'T know the real world therefore we ought to follow his retarded imperatives. Real fucktard he was, but he did get the first part right.

Or bad.

He will show me why, ha! You've never read anything he wrote except for a few short excerpts and quotes so it seems, and even if you did you wouldn't understand much of it as you just showed me.

Yes, in this quote he argues that great suffering/hardships produce stronger/more cunning/able men. He also embraced both pain and pleasure as something that is one, or whole instead of preferring or striving towards pleasure only.

Christianity doesn't claim that nor does it want to produce stronger men. Christianity views suffering as punishment, god's trial or virtue (suffering for the sake of others). It doesn't compliment suffering as something that pushes some people to become harsher, tougher, smarter etc.

Let me show you how to properly quote him;
    [SP]
    [/SP]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    I probably I have a poor understanding of nietzche, I read more about kant to be honest needless to say the market is at an impasse, momentum is building around a new future will you be part of it with me? Business has not been using philosophy and in doing so stagnating.

http://www.economist.com/news/busin...sopher-kings?fsrc=scn/tw_ec/philosopher_kings

Just need to find a business model that creates shared value, a decent strategy is all i need.

11. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    You should have read Kant and tried to understand him from an Aristotelian perspective (the true "Reason=Virtue=Happiness doctrine"). Kant is fairly anti reason qua its universality, he didn't believe it was all encompassing.

The same partially applies to Nietzsche, but where Kant tried to force his own will and categorical imperatives (moral commands) upon others through reason's shortcomings Nietzsche argued for something entirely different, he also critiqued Kant at great length.

I'm actually thinking about quoting Nietzsche some more, but I guess I shouldn't propagandize his views on anime forum.