Occupy movement returning?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ismey, Oct 3, 2014.

1. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Now you gonna turn this thread in a shitty meme fest, go for it Razvie!

2. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    You could say that about every race

3. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    I could but i did not because Chinese are well known for being more hardworking and communal around the globe. They are a lot more durable too, their ethnicities have suffered great multi million losses in civil wars, WWII or by their Govt's policies and yet it's the Westerners who bitch a lot more about Mao's policies causing death (see Black book of Communism) than the Chinese themselves.

Obligatory shitload of Enet links you won't read;
    http://bricsmagazine.com/en/articles/the-hard-working-culture

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-cant-understand-why-the-french-work-so-little-2013-10

http://blogs.hbr.org/2011/12/chinas-hard-work-culture-today/

http://www.businessweek.com/article...-white-collar-workers-are-dying-from-overwork
    http://etramping.com/5-things-know-chinese-people/

So yes, you could say whatever you want about anyone you like. But i don't cuz I got some opinions man!

4. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    Yea and your opinion stems from a few chinese people you've encountered and internet articles about their hard work. They have no choice but to work if they don't work they don't eat if they don't eat they die. They don't have welfare they don't have the government handing them food stamps there is no choice but to work and work and work.

5. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Lol look at you, so eager to put my down ! But No, my opinion stems from the common perception of Both Eastern and Western European nations as well as from those few Chinese I've met. So far nothing I've seen provided any evidence to the contrary, so what's your point?

And yes, it's the environment and their culture that pushes them harder. Although, even those Chinese who live on the Coast Line or those who live in Hong Kong work a lot harder. But that isn't all, Chinese Immigrants and their children who live in Western countries also tend to be as hardworking as those who remained in their homeland. They also tend to achieve and earn a lot more money than for example similar minority groups or let's say blacks or Latinos.

Btw, China does have a social welfare system and min wage. Imagine that.

6. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    I'm not eager to do anything I'm just pointing out that the race of people doesn't matter

7. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    I think it does, different races exhibit slightly (if 15% variation is low for you) different IQ levels, susceptible to different mental and physical illnesses, and they also tend to have different "talents". But than there is a whole different issue of self identification with your environment in which you grew up, were raised, something you sucked in in yourself like a sponge regardless of whether you wanted it or not as well as the ethical system or value judgments which differ from language to language.

The best source which discusses this issue is a book called The Bell Curve. Although, such scientific discussions often times get silenced or needlessly criticized by the Moral elite which is lalrlgely left of the center egalitarian scumbags.

In effect, your race, your looks and subsequently your environment (as well as your class; absence or presence of wealth, your parents, are they smart/dumb/mediocre etc.) are 1. connected, in a sense it's a continuity 2. they shape you/provide a certain amount of very fundamental, inescapable guidelines.

8. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    That has nothing to do with race it has to do with how you're raised and where.

9. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    You didn't get a single thing I said.

10. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    The only thing you said that makes any sort of relevance to what you're discussing is the genetical differences between cultures which can be linked to things in the environment around them where they or their parents grew up everything else comes down to how you're raised.

11. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Everything I said makes "sort of relevance". And it is the environment that shapes the gene pool, likewise, depending upon the requirements to survive within a certain geographical area that gene pool will differ and does differ, and it doesn't stop there, which is why certain races or even ethnicities tend to have something that others don't, including being smarter or being better at comprehending/manipulating fairly complex shapes and figures in their minds.

You can of course blame education for that or wealth disparity or "it's the culture" (which evidently didn't pop out of ether but came to be for a reason) but I personally do not consider those to be the main driving factors but the results of environmental differences which resulted in subtle genetic differences which on average make societies to be either communal and interconnected or top-down or nomadic or this or that..Race and genetics matter.

That's my take on it anyways.

And fuck this thread has now been derailed lol. Thanks to Razvan's memes no less!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  12. Di_roy#1

Di_roy#1 Nagareboshi

Ratings:
    +76 / -0
    I don't watch the news (which doesn't make me any less of an idiot, to be sure) I make fuckin 9.97 an hour running around like a moron making my multi billion dollar cooperation millions (no exaggeration here) Thank goodness my yearly raise was 30 cents, much more then many get. Instead of commission we get bribed with ice cream, which I don't like because it tastes bitter. Whatever I do, I better not go over 40 hours.....my company couldn't afford that. Ahh...big box retail :) PS. Sometimes my throat gets dry because of the black mold issue, but we aren't allowed water. Not to mention the bird dander, and severe infestation of deer mice whose saliva,feces, and urin carry the lethal and incurable Hantavirus. I have 2 petri dishes.....I with black mold and the other looks like a pizza w/ everything on it. I don't know much about law, but I am studying up on OSHA regulations ect. This place seriously makes workers sick. We only get 3 absences a year. If I am sick because of mold, and fired......hmmmmm

Edit* any legal advice concerning mold, black mold, and un-safe work environments appreciated

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  13. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Sounds like a minimum wage rant to me.

14. Di_roy#1

Di_roy#1 Nagareboshi

Ratings:
    +76 / -0
    word. but it is a seriously messed up place

15. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Your 10$ per hour for making millions (per what time?) for your corporation sounds like a very bad deal, it seems to me if you were so damn profitable and productive you'd earn much more. And if you don't you'd probably be smart enough to quit your current job and get a much better deal elsewhere, that how it goes for people with marketable skills and good bio's, they terrorize their bosses, not the other way around.

So yeah, to me it does sound like an idiotic exaggeration if you pardon me. Or one of those weird stories you came across on anime forums. :amused:

16. Di_roy#1

Di_roy#1 Nagareboshi

Ratings:
    +76 / -0
    A little bit of both.
    I am just happy to have any job in this town. There is a huge huge economical divide here with the Base and the tech companies (like BAE, Raytheon, Mantech, ) and schmucks like me making minimum wage. Anyhow, this is just a hold over while I wait for my girl to get back, not my profession let alone passion.

No BS. My coorperating had over 53 billion in sales last year. My store alone sells close to 500,000 on a good day, my department personally does between 100-200K on a good day......We sells more riding lawn mowers and gas grills then any other store in the nation. My department only has 3 part timers like myself, 2 full, and 1 manager (who makes a whopping 17 an hour)

The guy in appliances sold close to 2 million last year. He got a plaque and a pin. No commission, and lives paycheck to paycheck. (but they do bribe us with shitty pizza and ice cream )

17. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Your what?

Selling articles which in total amount to 2 million is very different from actually making 2 million in profit, it seems like you mistook revenue for profit....I think. Anyways, I still got no idea what you're talking about but I know one thing for sure, you don't "making my multi billion dollar cooperation millions" and if your boss wanted to fire you and hire a new employee who would be as good as you he could do it tomorrow or maybe 1 week tops.

Anyways, don't breath black mold and go through your CBA if you have one, I personally got no idea how it works in USA...

18. Di_roy#1

Di_roy#1 Nagareboshi

Ratings:
    +76 / -0
    Yeah, I mistook revenue for profit. (I'm obviously no business man) I am just glad it's not my life, and totally correct; we are all so replaceable.....from cart pushers to the CEO.

In summary stay away from evil evil Lowes.

PS. Here, I know how you love meme's. (he job isn't without it's perks )

Attached Files:

19. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Someone must have razvaned you in the past.

20. ismey

ismey scottish guy

Ratings:
    +53 / -0