Human desensitization?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Master_Byakuya, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Master_Byakuya

Master_Byakuya Captain of the 6th Division

Ratings:
    +40 / -0
    So a few days ago I responed to a woman who was at work and was post op. She was having trouble breathing and in pain. So I get to this building get to the office, which was pretty big and had to have a decent amount of employees working, go to the lady running the front desk and she has no clue why we are there? Umm ok. . . so we run through the suite and find her sitting on the floor next to a copy machine in pain. So we start doing our thing and all the people who work there just continued to work? Not one person was next to her when we got there, not one person stop to say whats going on, nothing. People actually started forming a line to make copies at the copy machine and not one person even looked at her? Like five people tried to walk over her to get to the other side of the hall way. I was like " are you serious" and they just looked at me with that "oh how rude look" She was across from a office and the lady inside just was typing away as her co worker was gasping for air. SO, what do you think is happening to humankind? Also have you seen or experienced anything like this yourself? Discuss.

2. jay

jay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I see this alot, it's something you just have to accept and move on, dwelling on it is pointless. Some people in the world simply don't give a damn about people who they don't know or anyone unless it's themselves. It's harsh but it's the truth. Alot of the time the saying "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" from futurama comes to my mind alot.

3. He's a Mentalist 1

He's a Mentalist 1 Patriot

Ratings:
    +16 / -8
    People with less emotional IQ tend to be less sensitized to other individuals emotions. High emotional IQ people know and respond in meaningful ways. High EI people tend to behave more like humans, whereas low EI people tend to behave more in the ways of an animal.

When I fell down the steps one day my cat just walked past me. It couldn't respond because it doesn't have much awareness past its own feelings. People have always operated on an animal-base level. You are just experiencing a shock to your system because you (I am guessing) have a high EI and are just shocked that a lot of humans are just animals.

If you look at history most people in the past were led to the things they did, not that they just did it because they wanted. Someone with a high EI was able to lead them like a shepherd.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    Yep, Í wouldn't help her either. The first thing a worthy person in that situation would do is ask themselves who he is and who that person to him is. Establish the relational value, basically.

"emotional IQ"

More like the level of emotional meekness.