Horses Could soon be Slaughtered for Meat in US

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Lilith_Rayne, Nov 30, 2011.

1. UC

UC ...

Ratings:
    +123 / -0
    fish are animals too ....

2. skycrapper

skycrapper Listening to Hatsune Miku ^3^

Ratings:
    +431 / -0
    But fish is brain food :hehehehe

3. xBanzai89

xBanzai89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Do you import that or are they native to your country?

4. UC

UC ...

Ratings:
    +123 / -0
    Also apparently you are a fat bitch too, saw a pic once and couldnt tell if it was a thigh or a shoulder. If you ride horses I hope they have back braces, and as far as the fruits and veggies you must eat them by the truck load.

tl;dr OP is a fat bitch

• Like Like x 1
  5. WatermelonRat

WatermelonRat Long Live Derpy

Ratings:
    +364 / -0
    Most of the animals used for food aren't in danger of extinction. There's bushmeat, yes, but that accounts for a very small percentage of total meat consumption. Most animals used heavily for meat are domesticated, with the remainder (deer, wild boar, etc.) generally plentiful. Fish are usually harvested from the wild though, with stocks of many species on the verge of collapse.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fastaslightning

fastaslightning Resident old person

Ratings:
    +61 / -0
    Seriously? No comment on the real problem and reason that this ban has been lifted? It shows true nature. When presented with cold hard facts all you do is focus on emotions.
    Very true. On all points. +1 internets! LOL.

I have heard some very frightening numbers on some more rare fish on the east cost being almost impossible to find. Crappy horses? Not so much. And I have a barn full of other people's rejects, so it isn't like I am bucks up and looking down at cheap horses, I just know for my area this has been nothing but a problem from day one. This recession has done nothing to help it either.

Chris

7. Lilith_Rayne

Lilith_Rayne Soul Society Rebel is Snarky

Ratings:
    +97 / -0
    too bad it dosen't work on you my dear!

sure you weren't looking in the mirror? I hear they make objects appear larger than they are

How did i know you'd draw that conclusion when talking about camels? Next thing i know you'll be on about their humps

• Like Like x 1
  8. UC

UC ...

Ratings:
    +123 / -0
    u mad bro

9. fastaslightning

Ratings:
    +61 / -0
    Still stuck on the emotional argument and not even discussing the real issues? You are amazing.

As I said before, just PM me your addy, I'll use my own fuel and bring the horses to you. I am tired of seeing them suffer.

Chris
    So you neg rep me, which is fine, but the lack of humanity and civil mindedness is you. You refuse to see a real problem and have a real conversation about it. Neg rep me fine, I called you a spoiled brat, but tell me one thing about my position that is inhumane, or lacks civil mindedness? Nothing. I am willing to look for a real solution to a real problem. Brat. Let them eat cake I guess.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  10. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +265 / -2
    Boy, that will never happen. especially where I'm from we live off of Deer, Elk, and Moose (which is F'ING awesome when burgered). hell my people used to live off Salmon before the Grand Coulee Dam was built.

11. fastaslightning

Ratings:
    +61 / -0
    He can want that, but it isn't going to happen. We evolved eating those proteins and such, and need them. Yes you can get whatever vitamins you need right now, but who knows in the future if this economy keeps going down. I for one am going to survive. That means eat meat, and not die of protein deficiency.

I would love to try some Moose, and elk. Salmon is good when fixed correctly. It is a bit dry for my tastes in some dishes though.

I would try horse too. I don't see dairy or cow farmers not eat cow. I don't see rodeo riders not eat steaks. Those bulls have names, and are famous, and when they are done, we use them for food too. Same thing.

Chris

Edit: The other thing I don't like about vegetarians is that they seem to stink. I don't know if it is all the fiber backing them up or what, but something about them stinks all too often. Oh, and they are too skinny too. Not saying I like the chubby's but some muscle and meat are necessary. JMO though.

12. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +265 / -2
    If You Ever get a chance to eat moose, you have to try a Moose Burger or Moose Roast. One of the most juiciest meats I have ever eaten. People are only allowed to hunt 1 moose every 2 or 3 years where I live. But hell there big enough to feed a family of 4 or 5 for a year or 2.

13. Gilgames

Gilgames Nobody expects the

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I find moose too dry after it's been in oven. It works as minced meat though, as long as I don't have to chew it.

That vegetarian part, what's the solution after all possible land is converted for humans and thus leaving animals to starve? Not to mention overpopulation since the amount of them isn't controlled (moose crashes are pretty common in winter), starvation of too little food and such problems... easier to keep on eating meat, for the greater good.

14. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +252 / -0
    This made me lol for some reason, it's as though it was being suggested that we don't eat intelligent things meaning we only eat stupid things. It makes me wonder why we don't eat the vast majority or the human population if this was true, because the average reading age of a person living in the west is that of a 6 year old or something like that. And as nasty as it may sound people on life support can't move or think anymore, so they have an even lower intelligence level than that of an insect. So I realise that we don't eat the most stupid of things with a lot of meat, because if that was true we would eat people on life support and everything. That would seem wrong anyway, but no more wrong than eating any other meat ways I suppose.

For all those people saying humanity will never turn into vegetarians, I think differently. I recall people thought it was mad that man will one day go into outer space, but look now, I think it is the same thing here.
    I think eventually people will go vegetarian when they evolve enough to care about other species of animals besides just themselves, but as people have been saying, that will never happen anytime soon.
    The majority of people generally wouldn't want to give up that lush taste of meet afterall if they had the choice, I also fit in that category too, that's because I love chicken too much! (also so do my cats :tongue: )

• Like Like x 1
  15. WatermelonRat

WatermelonRat Long Live Derpy

Ratings:
    +364 / -0
    I'll have to try that some day. I love venison, so I'd probably like moose too.

16. TimidObserver

TimidObserver ZeroCool

Ratings:
    +266 / -0
    Animal Rights activists will start blowing shit up if we start serving up horse legs and horse cabobs and horse drop soup.

17. fastaslightning

Ratings:
    +61 / -0
    Let them, I have made more bombs, I'll return fire.....LOL!

Chris

18. TimidObserver

TimidObserver ZeroCool

Ratings:
    +266 / -0
    You guys have at it. I am just going to find me a nice bunker.

19. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +589 / -0
    [​IMG]

[sp][​IMG][/sp]

I think these are in Europe but i'm not sure which country exactly. But i heard it's quite popular in Asia, (China, Japan...)

aaaand the actual cooked meat.

[sp][​IMG][/sp]

looks the same like pork or beef tbh but im still a little hesitant of eating it. lol

20. greg770

greg770 Nomene tengo

+294 / -3
    It tastes a bit ermm sweeter, that's all. Hesitant to eat? I thought you eat elephants for breakfast.