Dragonball Super

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by lanif1, Aug 20, 2015.

1. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Ok cool thanks couldn't remember if they mentioned godtube in the manga.

It would make sense that they skip the prelim fight... the fact that there's no character growth suggests it's filler.

If you can stomach the first few eps while they get the story off the ground, the Team Fourstar videos on youtube are fantastic. There's like 55 or so eps (10mins or so long) that follow the DBZ storyline but the edits and dialogue are fantastic. The jokes at yamcha's and krillin's expense are phenomenal, as is how stupid and neglectful of a father they make Goku out to be.

2. Nocturne' Ichigo

Nocturne' Ichigo Joji fanboy

In the hide-out where the baddest mofo's reside
    Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    Added them as a subscriber.

I'm just going to call Goku Hollywood Hogan from now on. He is literally laughing at the fact that the universes are going to be destroyed. Literally this tournament should turn into a 70 on 10 match. Goku doesn't seem to understand that not everyone shares his fighting spirit and all he is doing is making everyone else fighter because of his stupidity.

3. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    He's kinda a dick isn't he?

and oh, called it that he'd go Blue without needing to at all. and he even used the kaioken on top of it.

what a freakin idiot

edit: Calling it now - the universes are going to be faced with some new threat down the road and only goku's fights in the tourney gave him enough power to stand a chance against it.

4. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    I can definitely see that happening which would be stupid but at this point, i'm just hoping that Gohan does something that restores his credibility as a fighter. I think that the tournament will end in a tie. Goku vs someone from universe 11's hero squad (The Ginyu Force 2.0).

I hope Vegeta has a new ability or something tho because i know Goku has something else he's hiding.

5. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    Just read the manga today and at least the manga makes sense.

6. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    manga continues to be great

anime continues to sink further into suckitude. Goku continues to be shitty... he seems to give zero fucks about the universe probably ending. The freakin' God of Destruction is lecturing the hero of the series about how few fucks he gives.

so bad.

7. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    Is it me or does the anime make Beerus's character worse and worse as the episodes progress? He was a far better character when there was a fear of him. Even in the Resurrection F arc when Goku wasn't 'scared' of him, he had a fear and respect of Beerus and his position. Now, Goku treat Beerus like a joke and it diminishes his character for me. This is why i didn't like the idea of the anime moving faster than the manga

I don't understand why Goku doesn't, at least, say that he isn't evil and it's because of him that the universes have a fighting chance. He seems to be loving the fact that all of these universes are going to be destroyed. I'm hoping that Vegeta helps saves this anime

8. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Totally agreed on Beerus. I expect him to start gnawing on his own nails as a nervous habit. Kinda sucks because he used to be an interesting character and now he's just a nervous nelly.

In other news, Krillan is now more relevant than Gohan.

welp.

9. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    Wow at Krillan schooling Gohan....Just when I thought Gohan was starting to get useful.....I don't understand this power scaling....Krilling pushing back a Kamehameha wave from a SSB Goku for a time period doesn't make any sense. to me. I get trying to showcase Krillin's tactical side but come on....

10. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    so apparently half of earth can now take on beerus.

no wonder he's acting scared lately

POWER RATINGS MEAN NOTHING

11. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    Soooooo we go from Krillin standing up to SSB Goku's Kamehameha wave to Android 17 matching Goku in SSB. I don't understand how 17 can compete with SSB Goku even if Goku wasn't trying all that hard. This wasn't even 17 outsmarting Goku...this was just all out attacking.......

Base form Goku wrecked Final Form Freiza with little to no effort, a final form frieza who one shoted SSJ Gohan in his base form. So by the looks of things, 17 should be on par with Toppo from universe 11, which is stupid. I always thought 17 was at Piccolo level and nothing more than that but this prep for the tournament makes it seem like everyone from earth is vastly more powerful that most people in all the universes. I am waiting for them to show Yamcha one shot Hit or something stupid like that.

I can't wait to read the manga. I hope they will do this prep work better than this.

12. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    I'm thinking this is all filler. I'm HOPING this is all filler.

Because holy shit I've never seen such blatant disregard for power levels... and that's saying something since DBZ is notorious for power level issues.

These characters should be getting trounced by super saiyans, and they're holding their own against god-level powers. it's just... stupid. really really stupid.

13. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    just read the newest manga chapter and I'm astonished how the manga can explain so much with so few word than the anime as even bothered to. The time limit on Zamasu makes more sense.

I hope you are right about the filler stuff because this is painful.

14. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    bump

15. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Good news is the tournament looks like it's finally going to start next week

Bad news is the manga just jumped the shark. It was going SO strong, and then suddenly it recycled the silly parts of Majin Buu. I'm hoping the next issue pulls it out of the tailspin, but honestly it got really stupid, really fast.

I'll be curious to see what Super does with the 10 team stuff in the manga. If they keep things a little more realistic there, Super won't be regulated to Bleach-levels of suckitude, but with the anime being such a steaming pile of disappointment and now the manga taking a turn for the worst, i'm not holding out much hope anymore.

16. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    The anime will do a horrible job with the tournament. I can feel it. I can see Goku using the technique he used in the manga to win the tournament here. (keeping his God power within to strengthen him). The manga wasn't so bad but i was a bit disappointed about how it went it. I guess Goku must have seen Beerus' 'Destruction' off panel because we certainly didn't see Goku watch Beerus do it in the manga

17. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    hmm

18. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    it's going about as lamely as expected.

female broly was pretty horrible. both times. just stupid how her first times going super saiyan she can take out god-level characters.

because reasons.

19. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Well, that was one of the worst episodes of sailor moon i've ever seen

it almost got redeemed when 17 tried to blow them all up, but NOPE

20. Nocturne' Ichigo

Ratings:
    +115 / -0