Bleach TV Anime ends on March 27th

Discussion in 'Bleach Anime' started by rokki82, Mar 23, 2012.

1. b1uttercup

b1uttercup Let's get crazy

Seems that i've forgotten, lays down on someones p
    Ratings:
    +480 / -0
    Hey, Bleach was on tv very late Saturday. It's near the end of the zan arc and I was pretty happy to see it still on tv.

2. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +196 / -0
    I suppose it'll be another few years before the dub Bleach is over.

3. Hitogunn

Hitogunn Hitogunn Kitsurai

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    So they seriously ended the anime to replace it with some horrible Naruto spin off? Has there been any explanation as to why TV Tokyo did this?

4. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +196 / -0
    Feel free to try and find some sort of official explanation.

5. Lilith_Rayne

Lilith_Rayne Soul Society Rebel is Snarky

Ratings:
    +97 / -0
    i'm soo sad it's gone...now what'll i do on my tuesdays. :(

6. Jammy64

Jammy64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Not sure if it's completely confirmed that it's over full stop. I mean the anime where it recently ended is only a couple of chapters behind the manga, for all we know the Bleach anime may just be technically on a 'break' to allow the manga to proceed further ahead. The ending of the most recent episode itself does kind of suggest that, however if that is the case two problems: 1, why not just enter a filler arc, and 2 how many years will it take before the manga gets sufficiently ahead. To be honest I really don't understand why the anime would completely end here, it's not like Bleach is heavily losing popularity, there's only going to be one more arc, during which I'm reasonably sure viewer ratings would actually increase.. does not make sense... On the off chance that they are ending it completely here, it's damn sad, so many years Bleach has been a part of my weekly routine and now it just ends..

7. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / -0
    Well, Fumiko-san (Rukia's VA) confirmed on her blog that at an 'end of theatrical run' event they were all told it was 'ended, for now.'

That doesn't sound like they have any set schedule for new theater movies, OVA, or television series episodes. So, I don't think we can assume they'll just come back after the manga gets far enough ahead anymore.

Source -
    http://blog.livedoor.jp/orikasa_fumiko/archives/51973982.html

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  8. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +196 / -0
    I'd think that whether or not the anime continues one day or not would be dependent on how successful the final manga arc is, afterall if the final arc is trash then nobody would want to animate it.

9. Jammy64

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    ^I guess that's true although the Bleach anime has had some pretty crappy arcs already >>

10. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +218 / -0
    But the Filler Arcs to me are bland, for 2 reasons. First reason is no good guys die off and even if they do they're filler characters so they are meaningless. Second reason is it's not done by TK, as much as his story writting confuses me at times I would rather watch or read stuff by the Creator.

11. Jammy64

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    In comparison to Canon arcs, I find fillers to be extremely tedious and at times just plain annoying. The random new captain arc in the middle of Hueco Mundo storyline was bloody frustrating. I honestly could not have cared less about what was going on, but the fact that the entered the new arc at a pivotal moment in the middle of the final fight between Ichigo and Grimmjow was infuriating..

Filler arcs show us meaningless background stories which, if were of any importance, would have been in the manga itself. Your ideas for filler arcs are all fine and interesting, but they would never come to fruition because they would have a serious impact on the manga, storylines of such importance would heavily need imput from Tite Kubo. Fillers are just used as a means to allow the manga to move further ahead, not to provide us with ACTUAL IMPORTANT information about the Bleach world.

12. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +218 / -0
    If it they were about other characters as the main story line that would be fine but no they had cut off from the main story THREE TIMES, to tell us lame ass stories and now they have three little retarded Kon wannabes running around in the series now.

13. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +196 / -0
    I hope that one day we will live in a world without filler...

14. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / -0
    Or clip shows... er, I mean, 'getcha caught up' shows.

15. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +196 / -0
    Yaaaaah, screw them catch ups too.
    In fact screw the first 5 minuite recaps we get in many of our anime!!!

16. Grimmjowned

Grimmjowned Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    My many theories.

Personally, I believe Tite to be running out of time (Not dying) Just saying that look how close the mange is getting to the anime and look how long it takes to release just one episode. Sure, you could argue with fillers, but maybe he's also run out of ideas that could help build up to this most amazing arc in the manga before another filler puts us down and makes us want to quit the series. Or he hates fillers too. I mean, how many people honestly thought the Bounts were cool? no one? Same.
    Now he could also just want to take a break. Work reasons or actually making the year gaps in the story realistic by doing this in real-time too. Maybe he'll continue with the same characters in another year or perhaps completely new characters that run into the old/originals.
    However if he actually does finish Bleach, it will be a waste to this brilliant new arc that actually reawakened the series. I mean it's good, it has an awesome storyline, new characters that seem OP (Over Powered) But not by an insane amount and with great understanding. I like it. But if he does, we'll just have to accept it and thank him for his time. Bleach was ever so close to overstaying it's welcome and maybe Tite felt the same.
    Just my opinions on the matter :)

17. Jammy64

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    We all do, unfortunately that idealistic desire isn't feasible without some compromise (i.e. reducing the rate at which new anime episodes are released)

18. CptRumGuy

CptRumGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    You guys are right in your reasons about why fillers suck. I agree. However, that is why I actually rather enjoyed the last filler arc (the Reigai thing). Also the Zan arc to some degree, but mostly the Reigai arc. That arc seemed to finally grasp that the only good thing a filler can do is make some fucking awesome fight scenes without manga panels holding back their imagination. They seemed to realize that any plot you come up with for a filler arc will always be totally meaningless since the status quo will ALWAYS be restored by the end.

The Reigai arc kept me watching through the entire thing simply because I wanted to see what amazing fights they would dish out next. Admittedly, the ending was a bit disappointing and rushed, but otherwise I was pretty impressed for what a filler arc was able to pull off. Even the bullshit plot was tolerable because it was rooted in canon ideas and concepts, namely the mod souls. Rather than something like the Bounts which were pulled right out of someone's hairy ass.

Also the villain in the Reigai arc I thought was pretty cool with a good voice actor. And they didn't pussyfoot around with making it a big mystery or anything. Just "yeah, he's the villain".

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  19. Lilith_Rayne

Lilith_Rayne Soul Society Rebel is Snarky

Ratings:
    +97 / -0
    i miss the show....filler and all

20. Koshka_Goddess

Koshka_Goddess the north remembers

lurking in essos, like a fart in the wind
    Ratings:
    +465 / -0
    i don't.