Bleach Chapter 651 (look at thread after reading chapter, please)

Discussion in 'Bleach Manga' started by Bankai - Ichigo, Nov 12, 2015.

?

How would you rate this chapter?

1. Sucks

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. So-so

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Awesome!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bankai - Ichigo

Bankai - Ichigo Dragon King

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    Mangastream link. Read and discuss, please.

So that's how it is, eh? I see the people on this forum who guessed that the Ise family must have a single Zanpakutou passed on through the generations were right. But the curse of death for the husbands of those women makes it depressing.

But anyway, since it has no blade, I hope she can succeed in sealing that guy away with its ability on the first try. Otherwise, she could be in serious trouble.

2. Kode_Kenneth

Kode_Kenneth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Nanao doesn't have captain speed though. So one must wonder how she can take the enemy down. She can very easily be speed blitzed.

I find it funny that one of Shunusi's zanpakuto gave birth to the other.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    And yet, some posters on the previous chapter's discussion thread had already said that they'd like it if it happened. I wonder who the father is, though? If it's Shunsui, I think it'd definitely fit his perverseness and overall personality.

That said, though, I think this explanation for Katen and Kyoukotsu is good. But I wonder if Nanao can talk to her Zanpakutou Spirit? She should be able to since Shunsui must've heard of its name and ability from Nanao's mom and she should have heard it from the Spirit itself (unless the knowledge of the name and ability is also passed down through the generations of the Ise family and they can't really talk to the Spirit by themselves aside from only the original Head of the family).

4. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +252 / -0
    Oh look, that zanpaktou really has been passed down the Armstrong *cough* Ise line for generations. That moment when your partial troll theory ends up being correct! It was enough to make me chuckle and facepalm simultaneously.
    Oh and how convenient it is that this new Zanpaktou that Ise has, it's gone from giving people diseases, to suddenly containing abilities that can smite the Gods, which just so happens to be effective against this current foe, I bet Kubo thought long and hard about that one in his bunker.
    However, there is now something else that Kubo needs to think about. What on Earth does Shunsuis zanpaktou now do? Shoot wind? This week it was said that Kyokatsu was the zanpaktou that likes to play games, that zanpaktou now belongs to Ise and we see Ise hiding in the shadows, so does that mean Shunsui can no longer use kageoni and his other games, while Ise can? Also the shitty disease bankai that Shunsui used earlier seems to be a trait from the Ise family, so can Ise use bankai? Was that her bankai? Then what is Shunsuis bankai? What's his shiaki? Does it even matter when Kubo is the author?
    The answer to all these questions minus the last one, we may never know what they are, Kubo likely ain't gunna tell us shiz, so good look figuring it out yourselves.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Xenofear

Xenofear I am the Alpha and Omega...

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Do not like. She's been shown to be kido (more than) proficient, almost captain speed and smart. Now, she can bankai and kill a so called "god" that the (new) CAPTAIN COMMANDER couldn't take down?? Is she part of a new clan that is a god kiling clan that Kubo failed to mention?? Too much toomfoolery for a thursday morning if you ask me.

Edit: Lanif1 beat me to it hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  6. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Me from two chapters ago.

It's insulting that the CC can't win a fight, and somehow his VC is supposed to be able to when she couldn't even STAND against the reiatsu of the previous CC. She's been gifted her deus ex machina blade and goes from zero to hero because reasons.

Bleach at its finest.

• Like Like x 4
  7. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +252 / -0
    There's no doubt that the zanpaktou being passed down through multiple generations thing is utter BS due to a whole range of different things, not least of all because each zanpaktou was supposed to be a part of the wielders own soul, it's a colossal retcon that's made even worse due to the link that it has with Shunsui. However, there is 1 opportunity that Bleach now has because of the way things have panned out, the oppertunity which I speak of is the opportunity to change Shunsuis bankai. The bankai that Shunsui used a few weeks ago was garbage and I hope Kubo changes it.

8. Inazagi

Inazagi Zinc.

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    Stupid. It makes Shunsui looks impotent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    I had a similar reaction when my 'Uncle Shunsui' guess turned out to be partially true ('partially' because he was her Uncle through his brother as opposed to a sister). Jiminy Christmas Kubo! I was basing that solely off other Manga (Attack on Titan being the most recent example)! You didn't have to follow that cliche to the letter!
    Assuming Shunsui lives; I mean, he's a man and an Ise loves him. That's certain death, per the curse. :amused:
    Yeah, I'm pretty much ignoring Nanao's whole 'god-killer' statement; because at that moment, X could have said he was the '...Very model of the modern Major-General...' and that plus 'killer' would have been the ability of the Ise-Family sword.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yadomaru

Yadomaru is a sexy-babe-lovin'

with Nemu, Lisa, Yoruichi, Senna, and others...
    Ratings:
    +291 / -1
    Well, that wasn't as stupid as it could've been. Shunsui using his own zanpakuto(Kyokotsu) to conceal Nanao's is marginally less retarded than half of Shunsui's zan actually not being his, but Nanao's instead. It's still a dumbass plotkai move, but then again most of what this arc has been so far falls under that category.

As for the idea of a zanpakuto moving from one wielder to the other, as stupid as it sounds, there is an established precedent for it of sorts with Suzumushi, which Tosen took from his dead girlfriend and then started using as his own. So I'm not quite as annoyed with that.
    If Kage Oni is what they were using to conceal themselves from troll bird von plotkai The fact that Kyoraku remains hidden IMO would seem to indicate that his own zanpakuto's abilities may not have been affected by making Kyokotsu relinquish the zanpakuto she had been holding on to up to this point - assuming Kage Oni is an ability inherent to the latter rather than to Katen specifically. But I'm just speculating at this juncture.

Anyway, so-so chapter overall. Still stupid, but not as stupid.

• Like Like x 3
  11. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Bleach: chapter was ok since it wasn't as stupid as it could have been.

• Like Like x 3
  12. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    Kubo does set the bar for troll/stupid expectation pretty high.

I think it's because the end of every chapter is a cliffhanger troll.
    So, when one sees something like 'Okyo' standing behind Nanao, and screams 'NO! HOW CAN OKYO BE HER ZAN!?'; then next chapter, when Okyo pulls out Nano's zan instead of becoming it, the relief is greater because they had all week to stew over it.

• Like Like x 4
  13. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    I think that's a large part of it ya.

The ridiculousness would have more impact if it didn't happen every bloody week.

Like, this scene might be cool if it was an unusual event to have something this crazy happen.

But, every week? It just kinda blends together at this point. It's like when trunks and goten went super saiyan.... SS lost all meaning.

14. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    Yeah, I also think its' less ridiculous now. After all, it's not like Kubo's really saying that Kyoukotsu isn't part of Shunsui's Zanpakutou at all. He's saying that it was concealing Nanao's Zanpakutou, not that it, itself, was Nanao's Zanpakutou.

And as for the whole thing about it being BS that there's a Zanpakutou that was passed down through a family line for generations - I'm actually kind of okay with this because Kubo isn't saying that this can happen with all Zanpakutou. It seems to be limited to just the Zanpakutou passed down through the Ise family line. And also, nobody ever said that the Zanpakutou itself has the curse ability. That curse is something that the women of the Ise family have within them, but it doesn't extend to the Zanpakutou. The Zanpakutou's ability is God Sealer type. Yeah, it's convenient for this current situation, but at this point I don't care because I just want that X-Axis guy to die already.

Speaking of the Ise family curse, though, this chapter is pretty much raising the flag of Shunsui's death because Nanao loves him. Goodbye, Captain Grabass. Nice knowing you. [Well, maybe he'll die some time after he marries Nanao. In which case he probably still has time, if he doesn't die here due to all those wounds that is.]

15. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Things we always say by the 5th chapter of a single fight: We're ready for this shitty fight to be over.

Things we're tired of saying every battle: "that's pretty convenient for the situation"

• Like Like x 3
  16. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    I suppose where this death flag could rebound in on itself is the possibility the Ise line ends, like say in this battle, thus ending the curse before it can kill Shunsui (lucky bastard). Of course, he wouldn't really be lucky, because he'll lose Nanao (assuming she's the last Ise).

Again, a possibility I don't care for, because it would just be the Mayrui fight all over again.

Edit: Oh and since Nanao is now a Shrine Maiden, this is how I envision her attack: (19:39 mark)

17. Koshka_Goddess

Koshka_Goddess the north remembers Staff Member
    1. A Song of Ice & Fire

lurking in essos, like a fart in the wind
    Ratings:
    +594 / -1
    wtf with the romantic gazes between uncle and niece? has titty been watching game of thrones and picked up the incest bug or something?

• Like Like x 3
  18. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Hahaha

I dunno how I missed it but yea they're totally blood related. like, a lot.

Gross.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Kode_Kenneth

Kode_Kenneth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Lanif1 Shunsui didn't have hand over his second zanpakuto(Kyoukotsu) to Nanao. Like many others have said in this thread, Kyoukotsu simply hid Nanao's real zanpakuto all this time. This is because Kyouokotsu loves to play 'hide and seek' games. This means that Shunsui still has all his shikai and bankai abilities, so no need for you to worry.

This doesn't change the fact that Shunsui's bankai is terrible. Yamamoto's bankai is far far far far stronger than Shunsui's bankai. It is also far more useful than Shunsui's bankai. Aizen's bankai is going shit on Shunsui's bankai. Seeing how much Shunsui's bankai sucks, it makes sense why he believed Hitsugaya would surpass him 100 years later. Funny enough, Hitsugaya might not have that long to live since his life span has been greatly shortened -_-. Kubo the troll....

Either way, I still need my Bleach fix every week. It doesn't matter if the chapter is good or bad. If Bleach ends I'm sure many of you will have sleepless nights.

20. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    Against any opponent other than Lille (or whatever the X-Axis guy's name is), Shunsui's Bankai would be deadly. Shunsui just got the wrong kind of opponent this time. It's not that the Bankai itself sucks. I agree with you on pretty much everything else, though.