Bleach Chapter 649

Discussion in 'Bleach Manga' started by Koshka_Goddess, Oct 29, 2015.

?

rate the chapter

1. 1- oh hell no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5- meh

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. 8

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10- sauce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Koshka_Goddess

Koshka_Goddess the north remembers Staff Member
    1. A Song of Ice & Fire

lurking in essos, like a fart in the wind
    Ratings:
    +594 / -1
  2. Curse420

Curse420 :P

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Although the zanpakuto arc of the anime was non-cannon, surprised they stuck kyouraku's bankai spirit with the same design

3. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    What a shocking turn of events.

4. Bankai - Ichigo

Bankai - Ichigo Dragon King

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    In this case, I think that's the Spirit of his overall Zanpakutou. There should be one for the smaller sword, too, though. But I don't see that one.

Anyway, chapter was getting good until the part where that X-Axis guy turned out to have survived and had hit Shunsui in the chest with a big attack. Is Shunsui really going to die here? I hope he takes that X-Axis guy with him if he does.

5. Na_Cl_O

Na_Cl_O Well-Known Member

〒101-8050 Chiyoda, Tokyo Hitotsubashi 2-5-10
    Ratings:
    +56 / -1
    Recent Bleach villains are getting so abstract looking that we can't tell when they are injured.

6. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    That guy definitely is, though. And I think he's forgetting what Shunsui's Bankai's ability does with injuries. He just gave Shunsui a really big one in the chest. That same injury will be inflicted to him in the exact same spot, too. He's in for it now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LordNecrotis

LordNecrotis Allahu Ackbar

Ratings:
    +35 / -0
    IIRC, Kubo actually helped with the designs of the zan spirits for that.
    @BI- good point I'd completely forgotten about that!

8. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    Still reserving judgment until the 'end.' Bankais haven't exactly been winning the day, even with their 'return.'
    I mean, even recently, Mayuri needed more than his Bankai (Nemu cells specificallly) to win against P-Man.
    So, Nanao still has an opening to so something. Unfortunately, that would make it a near repeat of the fight we just saw.

@B-I, Oh man, I sure hope he's killed by his own wound. That would be way better than Nanao intervening.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  9. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    Yeah, but either one could happen at this point. And either way, I just want that X-Axis guy to die already. And then I want to see Ichigo's fight against Askin. I'd also like to Ichigo's Bankai. Getting to see his true Bankai, with its true ability, would be good (I'm not agreeing with Byakuya saying that Tensa Zangetsu wasn't a true Bankai, mind you; I'm only saying that it was an incomplete Bankai based on the fact that the Quincy Zangetsu said he'd been limiting Ichigo's Shinigami powers).

@Necrotis: Yeah, the designs were done by Kubo himself. That's why the Zanpakutou Rebellion Arc in the anime was said to be partially canon.

But I should say this: Quincy Zangetsu changing his appearance in Bankai probably can't be used as a reference to say that all Zanpakutou do the same thing. As far as we've seen, Hollow/Shinigami Zangetsu's appearance stays pretty much the same except for the part where he took on the appearance of the Hollow form that defeated Ulquiorra in the Dangai training. We don't really know if he'll be like that all the time in Bankai mode from now on (he probably will be, though), but even then, I don't know if we can use Zangetsu as a reference here seeing as it's only one Zanpakutou.

All that being said, though, Shunsui did call that Spirit by a name other than "Katen Kyoukotsu". So maybe it really is the Bankai Spirit of his Zanpakutou. But the Spirit representing the shorter of the two swords isn't there, so what's with that? Maybe that's the difference between his regular Zanpakutou Spirit and the Bankai Spirit - whether or not the shorter sword's Spirit appears or not. Or maybe the shorter sword's Spirit fuses or merges with the bigger sword's Spirit somehow.

10. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Quincy dying to his own attack would also be infinitely stupid.

He JUST got badly injured by the mirror attack component. One would have to be a special kind of stupid to forget that mechanic so quickly.

11. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    It's in character for him, though, don't you think? We can say he got so riled up that his anger made him forget reason - and voila.

12. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +252 / -0
    Well that sure went as I suspected it might. Exactly the same as what occurred with Yama.
    Bankai gets revealed > bankai user spills his load, unleashing every possible attack all at once > bankai user fails to defeat the foe.
    Now, the remaining question is whether the conclusion will be the same; will Shunsui get trollolKO'd like Yama did?

On another note the pacing is really bad again, using every single bankai ability all at once, and trying to fit all of that in one or two chapters, while at the same time having a entire bunch of completely slow ass paced chapters packed together. It's not good.

Finally I don't like this bankai and it's abilities, over the years I've noticed character abilities gradually getting worse, ambiguous, and in some cases completely retarded, this bankai is an example of that. I don't even get what it's supposed to do. Give the enemy a disease while telling them bedtime stories underwater? Back in the day it was speculated that Shunsui could shoot a bunch of wind, Kubo should have stuck with that, at least it made more sense.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    Katen Kyoukotsu is meant to be playful but deadly Zanpakutou in Shikai. The Bankai loses the "playful" part and sticks entirely with the "deadly" part. I think it fits the theme. I actually like the Bankai for that. And the water only came up as one of the later Dans; it wasn't there to begin with when the Bankai was invoked.

And like I said before, there's a chance that the Bankai's ability that deals with reflecting wounds will make sure that the X-Axis guy will take the same wound on the spot as where he just attacked Shunsui at the end of this chapter.

14. Apris

Apris Randomized Avatar

Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    I think that he might have 2 zans because one is his wife or former lover maybe? Something like with Tousen maybe? I don't know!

15. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Turnaround #6 will be the other zan.

Heaven fucking forbid a fight end before at least 5 turnarounds. The only time they happen faster is if they're totally off-panel.

This bankai sucks, and so does this yet-another-deity Quincy, who's apparently turned into the wizard from The Wizard of Oz. he was cooler when he was a sniper instead of God.

16. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    It's not two different Zanakutou, it's one with two Spirits. Like Zangetsu, except that Zangetsu is also part Quincy and part Hollow.

17. Na_Cl_O

Na_Cl_O Well-Known Member

〒101-8050 Chiyoda, Tokyo Hitotsubashi 2-5-10
    Ratings:
    +56 / -1
    Shunsui also has the power to make his eyepatch disappear for chapters at a time, with no connection to storyline. That's far more remarkable than anything he's done in this fight.

• Like Like x 3
  18. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Yea no shit.

For the record, I'm not going to take bleach seriously or make sure I state things perfectly, since as someone just pointed out, there's not even consistency in missing eyeballs.

I know how fucking zans work. Everyone here knows how fucking zans work. You don't need to correct us all the time.

19. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    You're worse than grammar nazis.

20. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    Well sure, it's stupid, but a Quincy has already done it. Star killed his Jameses with his star-finishing-move, removing his own fan-immortality right before he died to Renji. Something no one except Star was capable of doing.

Personally, just thought it was less stupid than the possibility of Nanao intervening like Nanagou did 5 flipping minutes ago.

Edit: Actually, a second Zanpakutou-Manifestation is probably the lesser evil, of the three possibilities. Keeps the story between Shunsui and X. Just needs to be completely different than the anime: Sluttier, with even bigger bosoms. I realize Kubo had something to do with the anime zan-mani designs, but no reason to give that horrible arc any more credence.

Edit2: I'd also be fine if X is simply using his limit break, dying immediately after, whether his coup de grâce works or not; Opie-ish (or Tousen-ish).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015