Bleach Chapter 646

Discussion in 'Bleach Manga' started by Koshka_Goddess, Oct 7, 2015.

?

rate the chapter

1. 1- oh hell no

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5- meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10- sauce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Koshka_Goddess

Koshka_Goddess the north remembers Staff Member
    1. A Song of Ice & Fire

lurking in essos, like a fart in the wind
    Ratings:
    +594 / -1
    new chapter. la linky

*edit
    oh hell fucking no.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. Bankai - Ichigo

Bankai - Ichigo Dragon King

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    Yeah, I don't like this cliffhanger. Shunsui's in trouble. I'm happy to know about that sniper Quincy's left eye and the fact that his gun is his bow, but still, it'd be good if Shunsui were still fine because of Shikai's game and especially if he showed us his Bankai finally.

3. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    I got a chuckle out of the fact that the memory of Ukitake has become the go to justification for an action apparently.

Should we leave Ukitake behind: What would Ukitake say?
    Should we leave the Captain Commander behind: What would Ukitake say?
    Peanut Butter or Jelly: What would Ukitake say?

The irony is, knowing Kubo, Ukitake is still alive, and yelling toward the heavens, 'No! No! And both!'

I see a couple of options for Shunsui. Nanao straight up intervenes next chapter, then Shunsui wins with Bankai. Or, Shunsui Bankais next chapter to bring himself even to X-Axis's eye thing, falters and then Nanao intervenes. I'm kind of hoping for the first option, because this fight is already too similar to Mayuri v Pernaida as it is. Don't need a straight up repeat.

As far as parallels to previous fights (eg Mayuri vs P-man was Mayuri vs Granz 2, except for Mayuri's hesitation to win through Nemu, only to win through Nemu), this is kind of Shunsui vs Starrk 2, but I don't think Nanao ever got involved in the first one. Also, I dunno if I want to see a vision of Starrk (or Lilynette for that matter) lol.

Edit: As far as X-Axis's eye thing. I kind of wish there were more visual clues that he actually used it before now, especially since he says he used it 3 times in this fight alone. I think maybe I could find one panel where it might count (bright white eye), but honestly it was just a negative image of an eye, and negative images of objects is something done a lot without being super meaningful.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  4. JoyfullJuneBug

JoyfullJuneBug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Can somebody hurry Kubo up? We've been through this 20 times already get to Ichigo's fight:wussfight:!!!!

5. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    Did X-Axis say he's used his left eye's power already, let alone 3 whole times? I only remember him saying that once he opens his eye during a fight, it doesn't close until the after said fight.

As for your predictions about how the fight is going to go, I like both options, but yeah, the first one should happen. And I hope Shunsui doesn't lose and die after showing us his Bankai.

@JoyfullJuneBug: Yeah, I'd also like to see Ichigo's fight, but there are also some other good things to see here before we get to Ichigo. I'm interested in seeing Ichigo's true Bankai, though. If Old Man Zangetsu was suppressing most of the Ichigo's power, then what we've seen of his Bankai so far couldn't have been all there is to it. That was probably just the tip of the iceberg.

6. dyne

dyne Evol Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / -0
    That chapter was pretty lame.

7. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    Well, from both Panda and Stream:

Panda - 'This is the third time...' Blah, Blah... Both eyes open is uber... 'If there ever were a time where I opened my eyes for 3 times in a row during battle... then I am permitted to keep them open for that entire battle...' Blah, Blah, last blessed by Yuha, closest to god... '...to think someone like me would have to open my eyes 3 times... IS UNHEARD OF...' Angel-Axis.

Stream - ''That's the third time..." (With a note referencing a Buddhist proverb about 3-Time-Forgiveness/Waiting; therefore, making it a Third-Time Eye). Blah, Blah... Both eyes open is uber... "Once I've opened my Third-Time eye in battle... I am able to complete that fight with that eye open." Blah, Blah, last blessed by Yuha, I am on the outskirts of being a god... "...to have [my] eye opened after being put in a vulnerable state three times...' Blah, Blah, Angel-Axis.

So, kind of sounds like he had to open it 3 times during this battle, and the 3rd time allowed him to turn into this Moth-Angel-Monster.
    When he plugged Ouetsu, he just seemed to open the eye once; and didn't change... unless he's counting that as 'Time Number 1,' in some larger campaign sense.

8. Na_Cl_O

Na_Cl_O Well-Known Member

〒101-8050 Chiyoda, Tokyo Hitotsubashi 2-5-10
    Ratings:
    +56 / -1
    I'm relieved he opened that eye. Two guys without depth perception playing tag could get very tedious.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    Nanao joining sounds horrible. She's so outclassed here. She couldn't even stand when Yama glanced in her direction.

This chapter was horrible. Hopefully sasuke dies soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LordNecrotis

LordNecrotis Allahu Ackbar

Ratings:
    +35 / -0
    Yes, it's so fortunate that Kubo took the effort to confirm the obvious

11. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +265 / -2
    Wow I feel like a just got huge dose of FOXDIE from reading this chapter...

12. MxxPwr

MxxPwr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / -0
    Yeah, it's just that, if Kubo wasn't going to have her intervene, then he would have just had her kowtow to Shinji and say she wasn't going back.
    Instead, he has her explicitly state she's going back.

My hope is she gets in the way by simply using a Kidou shield instead of her body. Making her one of the smartest characters in Bleach. But....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  13. Bankai - Ichigo

Ratings:
    +497 / -0
    ^Yeah, Kubo these days has been making his characters look dumber than they are, so even if she'd normally had the sense to not block that with her own body, she'd still do it. But maybe that Shunsui is another afterimage. There's also that possibility. After all, with his left eye open, X-Axis' perception should have gotten sharper as well, spiritual and physical. As Shunsui explained, someone with exceptionally high spiritual perception would see an afterimage as being solid and real, so that's why there's still the chance that the Shunsui that just got hit is really just another afterimage.

Ukitake died without showing us his Bankai, didn't he? That was a letdown. Maybe we'll see it in a flashback when Shunsui finally does his own Bankai.

@MxxPwr: Yeah, thanks for posting that quote from the manga about the three times. I remember now. And yeah, maybe he really did count the other times he opened that eye in the same day, too, rather than only counting the number of times he opened during the fight against Shunsui now. He could've used it once when sniping them all when they were running, though.

14. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    I doubt ukitake is dead.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Hentai_Bad_Guy

Hentai_Bad_Guy PAIN PACKER!!!

Ratings:
    +265 / -2
    "Don't worry I was in a weakened until Mayuri placed me in one of the capsules he wasted on Toshiro & Rangiku which he could have used on me and Unohana" - Ukitake

16. Afrojack

Afrojack Infernal

Ratings:
    +183 / -0
    Shunsui's "I AM THE CAPT. COMMANDER" stupidity fell a bit short for me. Especially after Yama JUST had that same scene a little while ago . . . before dying.

It also felt weird because we have no reason to think Shunsui is anywhere near Yama's level, especially since the latter explicitly stated that no one he left behind (with the exception of Ichigo, perhaps) even rivals him in terms of strength. Though I'm sure KT will retcon that when it's time for this Quincy to die.

17. IchiRuki08

IchiRuki08 Yay Rukia sama! I'm a

Ratings:
    +345 / -0
    Poor Bleach... just end it already kubo... the fandom is dead sadly. 1 Page.... when a chapter comes out. Thisnt isnt knocking exile either.. the forum looks awesome now.. But just the bleach story theres hardly anything to debate or even discuss.. Fight fight fight...someone talks fight fight... no storyline at all anymore.. just have ichigo beat this Aizen 2.0 and be done with it.

Its like... everyone is running toward the tower.... whats the plan? a.....there is no plan.. then why rush the tower?

Jeaz when theres no one to save bleach never had much of a storyline did it? lol

The anime needs to come back... the manga just isnt dressing it up like the anime did.

18. lanif1

lanif1 Rawr

Ratings:
    +252 / -0
    I think this manga has been a little better over the course of the past few months or so, I still wouldn't say it's good, but there have been a few chapters that were better than the trash chapters that has existed in the recent past. The problem for me is that it's been bad for too long, with the result of this being that even if the manga was insanely good from here on out (something which I'm sure will never happen), it's just gotten to the point where I'm not sure if I'd be able to enjoy it regardless. Heck, I don't even remember what happened in the recent chapter actually. I think Shunsui got hit or something, though I don't remember how or why, knowing Bleach it's probably due to nonsense. I'm only hoping Shunsui will use bankai.

19. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / -14
    New chapter out.

Just. So. Bad.

• Dislike Dislike x 1